Multi-platinum country band Lonestar makes a stop in Lakeside at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 19 in Hoover Auditorium.
Lonestar has amassed RIAA-certified sales in excess of 10 million albums since their national launch in 1995 and achieved 10 No. 1 country hits, including “No News,” “Come Crying to Me,” “I’m Already There,” “What About Now” and their crossover smash “Amazed,” which was also No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, the first record since 1983’s “Islands in the Stream,” to top both charts.
The band’s awards include the 1996 Academy of Country Music (ACM) Top New Vocal Group, 1999 ACM Single of The Year and Song of the Year for “Amazed,” 2001 Country Music Association (CMA) Vocal Group of the Year and 2002 ACM Top Vocal Group. With an average of 80 concert dates worldwide per year, they are celebrating over 25 years together.
Dean Sams (keyboards, acoustic guitar, background vocals), Michael Britt (lead guitarist, background vocals) and Keech Rainwater (drums) have been together since the early 1990s and Drew Womack (lead vocals, guitar) joined band in March 2021.
- Admission & Parking Passes: A Chautauqua Pass and Auto Pass are required to enter the Lakeside gates from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Guests may purchase passes online at lakesideohio.com/admission or upon entering the gates of Lakeside. If purchased online, you may present a mobile pass when entering the Lakeside gates and Hoover Auditorium. Upon receiving your Auto Pass, please place it in the lower left corner of your windshield. The Safety Services Department will check Auto Passes as part of their daily routine.
- Entry: A Chautauqua Pass (physical pass, mobile or printed pass) must be presented upon entering and exiting the Lakeside Chautauqua gates and entering Hoover Auditorium for the concert.
- Hoover Auditorium: The concert will be held at Hoover Auditorium (115 W. Third St.), located on Third St. between Walnut and Central Avenues in Lakeside, Ohio. The auditorium is a short walk from all available parking locations. A complimentary golf cart shuttle service is available on a continuous route. The historic auditorium seats more than 2,000 guests.
- Doors Open: The doors to Hoover Auditorium open at 7 p.m. ADA access is through the center doors on the west side of the building along Walnut Ave. Please only one additional guest for ADA assistance. The concert starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Seating: Seats in Hoover Auditorium are general admission and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each guest may hold only one seat in addition to their own.
- Food & Beverages: Food and beverages are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. Bottled water is permitted.
- No Backpacks or Large Purses: Backpacks and large purses are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. All bags will be checked upon entry.
- Directions to Lakeside: Lakeside Chautauqua is located in Ohio on the Marblehead Peninsula, halfway between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore. It’s easily accessible from the east or west via Interstate 90, Route 2 and Route 163. View directions.
- Parking: An Auto Pass is required to enter the Lakeside gates from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Lakeside offers two different parking options and fees: 1) inside the gates and 2) at the South Gate Parking Lot. If parking within the gates, please park in the grass area around the Lakeside Schoolhouse (along Seventh Street). Parking at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn lots is reserved for hotel guests only.
- Shuttles: Complimentary golf cart shuttles run 7 a.m.-11 p.m. daily, with the last pick up at 10:30 p.m. For those with limited mobility, the Mack Mobile is available by calling 419-341-8247. Shuttles run on a continuous route between the following stops: Welcome Center (South Gate), Campground, Pool area (Sixth Street), Shuffleboard (Second Street & Central Avenue), Hotel Lakeside, the Fountain Inn, Hoover Auditorium, Fifth Street Gate, the Rhein Center (Sixth Street & Walnut Avenue) and the Lakeside Schoolhouse parking area. Please note that a shuttle service does not run from the Danbury School Parking Lot. Guests can pick up a shuttle from the South Gate entrance.
- Staying Overnight: Rooms are available at historic Hotel Lakeside or our family-friendly Fountain Inn, both located a short walking distance from Hoover Auditorium. For more information, visit lakesideohio.com/stay.