Lakeside Chautauqua is excited to welcome back Girl Named Tom, the most recent winner of NBC’s “The Voice,” at 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10 in Hoover Auditorium.
Concert tickets are on sale NOW for $30 per person. To attend the show, adults, youth, and children, regardless of age, are required to purchase a $30 concert ticket. Gate and Parking Passes to enter Lakeside Chautauqua are not required for this fall weekend. A Chautauqua Season Pass is not valid for this fall concert.
Girl Named Tom – the talented sibling trio of Bekah (22), Joshua (25) and Caleb Liechty (27) – is widely known for their distinct harmonies, beautiful arrangements, and heartfelt performances that sing to the heart.
In December 2021, nearly 7 million viewers watched as Girl Named Tom was crowned the Season 21 champions of NBC’s “The Voice,” where they made history as the first-ever group to win the popular singing competition.
With their rich harmonies, the Pettisville, Ohio group was the first act to audition and the judges’ first four-chair-turn-around of the season. Outlasting some steep competition, Girl Named Tom helped Kelly Clarkson earn her fourth win as a “Voice” coach.
Girl Named Tom’s unique name was inspired by a shared childhood memory – when Joshua used to call Bekah “Thomas” as a baby. Their style combines the music of artists of today (Taylor Swift, The Wailin’ Jennys, and Adrianne Lenker) with the classics (Joni Mitchell and Crosby, Stills & Nash).
In addition to singing chart-topping cover songs, Girl Named Tom writes original music, which has them well on their way to becoming the best-known harmony trio of their generation.
- Hoover Auditorium Location: Hoover Auditorium (115 W. Third St.) is located on the corner of Third St. and Walnut Ave. in Lakeside, Ohio, and is a short walking distance from all available parking locations. The historic auditorium seats more than 2,000 guests.
- Doors Open: The doors to Hoover Auditorium open at 6:30 p.m. Queue lines start at 5 p.m. outside Hoover Auditorium along Third St. and Walnut Ave. ADA access to the auditorium begins at 6:15 p.m. Those with wheelchairs, walkers or canes (plus one guest/assistant) may enter through the center doors on the west side of the building along Walnut Ave.
- Presenting Tickets: Please present your concert ticket (physical ticket, mobile or printed ticket) upon entering Hoover Auditorium.
- Seating: Seats are general admission and available on a first-come, first-served basis. All members of your party must be present before seating.
- Food & Beverages: Food and beverages are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. Bottled water is permitted and will be available to purchase for a small donation outside of the auditorium from 6-7 p.m.
- Bags, Backpacks & Large Purses: Bags, backpacks and large purses are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium.
- Lakeside Connect/Hospitality Tent: From 3-6 p.m., there will be a Lakeside Connect/Hospitality Tent on Walnut Plaza for questions and information on activities happening throughout the day.
- Will Call Ticket Pickup: Will Call tickets can be picked up from 12-5 p.m. at the Hoover Ticket Window (115 W. Third St.) and then the tent outside Hoover Auditorium from 5-7:30 p.m. Please note that the Welcome Center is closed this weekend.
- Construction Delays: State Route 163 Roundabout Construction may cause delays and detours to your trip to Lakeside. Check out the alternate route to avoid construction and allow extra time for travel.
- Purchasing Tickets: The Hoover Ticket Window is open to purchase tickets from 12-7 p.m. on the day of the concert. Guests may also purchase tickets online at lakesideohio.com/girlnamedtom and pick them up at Will Call on the day of the concert.
- Shopping & Dining: View Lakeside’s Business & Merchant Fall Hours to find out what restaurants and shops are open this weekend.
- Hotel Parking: Parking at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn parking lots is reserved for hotel guests only. Guests will be provided with a special Parking Pass to display on the dashboard of vehicles.
- Events All Weekend: View our latest e-newsletter to find out what’s happening in Lakeside this weekend.
Parking & Shuttles
- Parking: Parking is limited on the Lakeside grounds. Guests are invited to park in the South Gate parking lot off State Route 163 and the grass area around the Lakeside Schoolhouse (along Seventh St.). Shuttle service is available from both parking areas. Parking at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn lots is reserved for hotel guests only.
- Shuttles: Complimentary golf cart shuttles are available from 4:30 p.m. until immediately after the concert ends. Shuttle stops are available at the South Gate parking lot, the Lakeside Schoolhouse (corner of Seventh St. & Maple Ave.), and Hoover Auditorium (corner of Third St. & Walnut Ave.).
- Please Note: On the day of the concert, there are no parking or admission fees to the Lakeside grounds. Only a concert ticket is needed.
Directions to Lakeside
Lakeside Chautauqua is located in Ohio on the Marblehead Peninsula, halfway between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore. It’s easily accessible from the east or west via Interstate 90, Route 2 and Route 163. View directions and important information about the Route 163 roundabout construction detours on your way to Lakeside.
From the Lakeside/Marblehead exit ramp on Route 2, veer to the right (Exit 125B) and follow S. Danbury Rd. to the stop sign. Turn left and head east onto E Bayshore Rd. Travel approximately 4 miles. Yield and keep left to continue on Hartshorn Rd. Continue straight onto S. Quarry Road. Turn right onto Route 163 E and travel about .5 miles until you reach the South Gate entrance to Lakeside Chautauqua. Turn left into the South Gate parking lot.
More Lakeside experiences this weekend
After Labor Day weekend, many Lakeside families return to the hustle and bustle of their busy lives; but imagine a September day where you can enjoy studio time at the Rhein Center, recreational activities and more. A day where spending time outdoors refreshes the spirit and wholesome family fun creates lasting memories. And the perfect finish to a wonderful day? Watching a Girl Named Tom take center stage in Hoover Auditorium!
Here’s a snapshot of what we have planned for Saturday, Sept. 10 in Lakeside Chautauqua: Rhein Center Open Studio and art classes, musical entertainment on Walnut Plaza, miniature golf, shuffleboard, pickleball, tennis, family movie in Orchestra Hall, Music Trivia on Walnut Plaza, basketball, sand volleyball, lawn games, parks, playgrounds, and Community Worship Service organized by the Lakeside United Methodist Church (held at the Steele Memorial Bandstand, weather permitting). At 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 11, Discover Music at Lakeside with students from BGSU’s Doctoral Music Program. Visit lakesideohio.com/calendar to see the schedule of events.
Book a weekend escape to Lakeside! Rooms are available along the waterfront at historic Hotel Lakeside or at our family-friendly Fountain Inn, both located a short walking distance from Hoover Auditorium. Standard rooms start at $149 +tax for one night and $249 +tax for two nights on Friday, Sept. 9 and Saturday, Sept. 10.
To make a reservation, call (419) 798-4461, ext. 230 and ask for the ‘Girl Named Tom Hotel Package.’ Reservations include a hot breakfast buffet provided by the Hotel Lakeside Dining Room, early check-in at 1 p.m. and late check-out at 1 p.m. Room rates do not include tickets to the Girl Named Tom concert.
Please note: $149 and $249 room rates are before tax. A 25% deposit is due at booking; $50 cancellation fee if cancelled outside 72 hours. A deposit of 25% is forfeited if cancelled within 72 hours of arrival. No refunds, no exceptions, no exchanges, and no rain dates. Limited availability. Current reservations are transferrable for Sept. 9 and Sept. 10 only. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers or special promotions.