Parking Options & Shuttle Service
Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day: To help with congestion and continue our high safety standards, Lakeside offers three different parking options and fees: inside the gates, at the South Gate Parking Lot and Danbury School Parking Lot. Short-term parking is available for unloading, shopping and dining. For rates, visit the Admission & Parking Fees page.
Upon receiving your Auto Pass, please place it in the lower left corner of your windshield. The Safety Services Department will check Auto Passes in vehicle windshields as part of their daily routine.
To drop off, unload or load vehicles, a complimentary 30-Minute Drop Off Pass may be obtained. Please return your vehicle to the designated parking lot after finished.
Inside Gates: Long-Term Parking
- Lakeside Schoolhouse | 748 Walnut Ave. | Green Space | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Fountain Inn | 225 Maple Ave. | Guest Parking Lot* | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Hotel Lakeside | 150 Maple Ave. | South Parking Lot* | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Train Station | 710 Central Ave. | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Water Plant Site (Plum Avenue & Sixth Street) | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Wesley Lodge | 510 Central Ave. | Perimeter Parking | $15 per day or $99 per week
*Limited parking is available for Hotel Lakeside and Fountain Inn guests. Therefore, it’s recommended that you obtain a complimentary 30-Minute Drop Off Pass, unload belongings, then park at the South Gate Parking Lot and use the complimentary golf cart shuttle service. Parking is limited on the grounds of Lakeside and requires a Daily Auto Pass from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Inside Gates: Short-Term Parking
- Bradley Temple (non-reserved spots only) | 301 Cedar Ave. | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Hoover Auditorium (South – non-reserved spots only) | W. Fourth Street (corner of Fourth and Central) | $15 per day or $99 per week
- Fifth Street Gate Parking Lot | 600 W. 5th Street | Complimentary short-term parking at the gate entrance
While most cottages have space for at least one vehicle, many don’t have driveways or have only on-street parking available. Please respect all reserve parking spaces and don’t park on private homeowners’ lawns and/or landscaped yards. Parking is limited on the grounds of Lakeside and requires a Daily Auto Pass from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Outside Gates: Long-Term Parking
- South Gate Parking Lot | 800 Maple Ave. | $8 per day
- Guests who park in this lot are invited to use the complimentary golf cart shuttle service to visit the downtown business district. Review information about our complimentary golf cart shuttle service to and from the South Gate Parking Lot below.
- Danbury School Parking Lot | 9451 E. Harbor Road | $3 per day
- The Danbury Lot is available in the East parking lot, which is entered off of Erie Beach Road, and behind the school by the playground area and behind the stadium along the fence.
- Gate attendant will provide guests with an information card to complete and return for Danbury parking access.
- Please note: These spots are limited and frequently sold out. Lakeside does not provide transportation to and from the Danbury School Parking Lot.
Restricted Parking Areas
- While most cottages have space for at least one vehicle, many do not have driveways or have only on-street parking. Please respect all reserved parking and do not park on private home lawns.
- Parking is not permitted:
- On Second Street from the East Gate to the West Gate, except for designated handicapped and short-term parking
- On Sycamore Avenue from Second to Fifth Streets
- Within 20 feet of intersections
Complimentary Golf Cart Shuttle Service
Shuttles run daily from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day – 7 a.m.-11 p.m. with the last pick up at 10:30 p.m. For those with limited mobility, please call the Mack Mobile at 419-341-8247.
Shuttle Route & Stops
The shuttle stops are marked with a sign and also noted on the map kiosks available at the Welcome Center, Lakeside Administration Office, Bettinger Park and on the corner of Second and Maple Avenue. The shuttles run on a continuous route between the following stops:
- Welcome Center (South Gate)
- Pool Area (Sixth Street)
- Shuffleboard (Second Street & Central)
- Hotel Lakeside
- Fountain Inn
- Hoover Auditorium
- Fifth Street Gate
- Rhein Center (Sixth Street & Walnut)
- The shuttles will also run to Second Street East and West and Chautauqua Park as needed.
There’s no need to call for a shuttle, simply go to one of the stops and catch a shuttle as it makes its rounds. All Lakeside shuttles are marked with an orange flag. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that no pets are permitted on the shuttles.
The Mack Mobile provides door-to-door service for guests and residents who have limited-mobility issues. The Mack Mobile golf cart is available by phone, call 419-341-8247.