Comedian Brad Upton
Comedian Brad Upton is proving it’s never too late to be a standup star. This fall, Upton will bring his hilarious show to Hoover Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 7.
Purchase your tickets for $20 per person online or onsite on the day of the show at the Hoover Auditorium ticket window from 5-8 p.m. Adults, youth and children, regardless of age, are required to purchase a show ticket. Gate and Parking Passes to enter Lakeside Chautauqua are not required for this fall weekend. A Season Chautauqua Pass is not valid for this fall concert.
The world is discovering the comedy of Upton after nearly 40 years in the standup business. He was teaching fourth grade and coaching high school track in Pasco, Washington when he first stepped on stage in 1984. Upton quickly discovered that he wanted to pursue comedy full-time, so he quit teaching in 1986 and never looked back.
He made several TV appearances in the early 1990s and headlined comedy clubs from coast to coast. He toured briefly with Joan Rivers and has spent the past 15 years as the opening act for the legendary Johnny Mathis. He has also been seen in concert with The Smothers Brothers, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, George Jones, Glen Campbell, Little Big Town, Smokey Robinson, Lewis Black, Jeff Foxworthy, Russell Peters and others.
Upton never sought the brighter lights of Los Angeles or New York and chose instead to remain based in Seattle where he and his wife of 35 years raised their son and daughter, who are both now in their 20s.
In 2017, Upton taped a special for Dry Bar Comedy, which at the time was a brand-new comedy platform. Things would soon change in ways he never expected. Dry Bar released a clip of his act in June 2018 about millennials that went viral. It had 12 million views in 48 hours and increased to 33 million in 10 days. It sent his CD to No. 1 on the iTunes charts and now has well over 200 million views online.
His immense internet fame drew the attention of the iconic Grand Ole Opry, where he had the ultimate honor to step into the circle and make his debut in September 2019 and has since become a regular guest.
- Hoover Auditorium: The show will be held in Hoover Auditorium (115 W. Third St.), located on Third St. between Walnut and Central Avenues in Lakeside, Ohio. The auditorium is a short walk from all available parking locations. A complimentary golf cart shuttle service is available on a continuous route. The auditorium seats more than 2,000 guests. Please note there is no air conditioning or heat in this historic venue. If needed, windows will be open, and fans will be on.
- Doors Open: The doors to Hoover Auditorium open at 7 p.m. ADA access is through the center doors on the west side of the building along Walnut Ave. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Presenting Tickets: Please present your ticket (physical ticket, mobile or printed ticket) upon entering Hoover Auditorium.
- Seating: Seats are general admission and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each guest may hold only one seat in addition to their own.
- Food & Beverages: Food and beverages are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. Bottled water is permitted.
- No Backpacks or Large Purses: Backpacks and large purses are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. All bags will be checked upon entry.
- Construction Delays: Construction on the Sandusky Bay/Thomas Edison Memorial Bridge on Route 2 and the roundabout at the Route 53 Exit may cause delays and detours to your trip to Lakeside. Allow extra time for travel.
- Shopping & Dining: View Lakeside’s Business & Merchant Fall Hours to find out what restaurants, shops and services are open this weekend.
- Events All Weekend: Visit lakesideohio.com/calendar to find out what’s happening in Lakeside this weekend.
Parking & Shuttles
- Parking: Guests are invited to park in the South Gate Parking Lot off Route 163 and the grass area around the Lakeside Schoolhouse (along Seventh St.). Shuttle service is available from both parking areas. Parking at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn lots is reserved for hotel guests only.
- Shuttles: Complimentary golf cart shuttles are available from 5-10 p.m. on the day of the show. Shuttle stops are at the South Gate Parking Lot, the Lakeside Schoolhouse (corner of Seventh St. & Maple Ave.), and Hoover Auditorium (corner of Third St. & Walnut Ave.).
- Please note: On the day of the show, there are no parking or admission fees to the Lakeside grounds. Only a show ticket is needed.
Directions to Lakeside
Lakeside Chautauqua is located in Ohio on the Marblehead Peninsula, halfway between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore. It’s easily accessible from the east or west via Interstate 90, Route 2 and Route 163. View directions.
More Lakeside Experiences this Weekend
After Labor Day weekend, many guests return to the hustle and bustle of their busy lives; but imagine a day in October where you can enjoy an art class at the Rhein Center, watch a movie in a historic theater, stay active on the courts or stroll Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile. A day where spending time outdoors refreshes the spirit and wholesome family fun creates lasting memories. And the perfect ending to a wonderful day? Watching Brad Upton take the stage in Hoover Auditorium.
Here’s a snapshot of what we have planned for Saturday, Oct. 7 in Lakeside Chautauqua: Rhein Center Open Studio art classes, “80 for Brady” movie in Orchestra Hall, miniature golf, shuffleboard, pickleball, tennis, basketball, sand volleyball, lawn games, parks, playgrounds, nature/walking trail, shops, restaurants and a Community Worship Service on Sunday. Visit lakesideohio.com/calendar to see schedule of events.
Book a weekend escape to Lakeside! Rooms are available at the Fountain Inn, located within walking distance of Hoover Auditorium. Standard rooms start at $159 (+tax) for one night and $295 (+tax) for two nights on Friday, Oct. 6 and Saturday, Oct. 7.
To make a reservation, call (419) 798-4461, ext. 230 and ask for the ‘Fall Weekend Getaway Hotel Package.’ Reservations include breakfast. Room rates do not include tickets to the Brad Upton show.
Please note: $159 and $295 room rates are before tax. A 25% deposit is due at booking; $50 cancelation fee if canceled outside 72 hours. A deposit of 25% is forfeited if canceled within 72 hours of arrival. No refunds, no exceptions, no exchanges and no rain dates. Limited availability. Current reservations are transferrable for Oct. 6 and Oct. 7 only. Room exclusions apply. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers or special promotions.