The Fountain Inn is located in the heart of Lakeside’s charming business district and within walking distance to Lake Erie, Hoover Auditorium and Heritage Hall Museum. It’s a year-round destination for family getaways, reunions, wedding parties, conferences and business retreats. During your stay, enjoy our in-house restaurant, the Slack House Historic Cafe, featuring a nostalgic menu of gourmet burgers, hand-cut fries and over-the-top shakes, as well as soups, salads and more.
NEW for 2022! Fountain Inn Refresh
Minor Fountain Inn renovations began in February and will continue through the spring. Our goal is to enhance your guest experience and refresh the appearance of common areas. While the hotel will remain open for reservations, we apologize for any inconvenience and offer our sincere thanks for your patience and support.
- Reservations for the 2022 are open!
- Starting in May, both Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn will open reservations with a 50-week advance window allowing guests to book their rooms and plan their next trip to Lakeside. For example, you’ll be able to reserve the date May 15, 2023, as early as May 30, 2022. This process will be as seamless as possible, but please be patient as we make this transition to advance bookings.
- We also have new discounts available to ensure your trip to Lakeside is as budget friendly as possible. See the specials and promotions section below for more details.
Make a Reservation
Make an online reservation or call our reservations line at 419-798-4461, ext. 230 for details about year-round accommodations. Be sure to check back often for promotions and getaway packages.
Deposit: The first night’s deposit with tax is required to guarantee your room reservation.
Cancellation Policy: Should you cancel at any time, your deposit – except for the $25.00 cancellation fee – will be refunded to you. Should you cancel with less than 72 hours before arrival date, your entire deposit is forfeited.
Please note during our summer season (May 27 – Sept. 5, 2022) Lakeside is a gated community and you must purchase a daily pass for both entrance and parking.
Specials & Promotions
- AAA (10% off Standard Rate) – guest must present AAA card at check-in to receive discount.
- Senior/AARP (10% off Standard Rate) – guest must present an AARP card or valid I.D., age 60 or older.
- Education (15% off Standard Rate) – guest must present valid employee I.D., teachers, professors and childcare facility employees.
- Military/First Responders (15% off Standard Rate) – guest must present Military I.D. (active or retired), guest must show valid employee I.D. (active or retired), includes EMT, nurses, doctors and police.
- Book any 2 nights Sunday-Tuesday and get your 3rd night half-off – Not available on July Fourth weekend.
- Family Packages – To make your summer vacation planning easier and more affordable, purchase a $725 Family Package between April 3-24, 2022.
The Biggest Week in American Birding – For The Biggest Week in American Birding, from May 6-15, the Fountain Inn is offering standard rooms for only $89/night. Continental breakfast is included, served 7-10 a.m., or a boxed breakfast is available for pickup in advance. The first 10 reservations will receive two Lakeside travel mugs. To make a reservation, call (419) 798-4461, ext. 230 and ask for the birding discount.
- Memorial Day Weekend Hotel Package – Celebrate Memorial Day weekend in Lakeside with our hotel package $595 +tax. This limited time offer is available to purchase from May 18-22, 2022.
Please note: offers cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers, or special promotions.
To book a hotel room with a promotion, please follow these steps:
- Click on Accommodations (Fountain Inn or Hotel Lakeside).
- Scroll down and check for promotions.
- Click the blue ‘Check Availability’ button.
- Pick your dates of availability.
- Choose number of adults and children.
- Click on ‘Rate Options’ (4, 5 & 6 are located on the top bar of the webpage).
- Click on any specials or promotions you’re interested in.
- Click on ‘Check Availability.’
- Click ‘Book It’ — Continue with reservation details (name, credit card number, email address)
- Book now!
Amenities include ALL non-smoking rooms and facility, complimentary breakfast, wheelchair-accessible side entrance, elevator, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board in all rooms. ATM and ice/vending machines are located in the lobby of the Fountain Inn.
Between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day, guests with a Daily Chautauqua Pass may also utilize the Grindley Aquatic & Wellness Campus and the Hoover Auditorium Live Entertainment. There may be additional nominal charges for certain classes or entertainment venues such as miniature golf, Rhein Center art classes and Orchestra Hall movies. Guests visiting must have a Daily Chautauqua Pass for their overnight stay.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Check-out: 11 a.m.
To view photos of each room, click the ‘Check Availability’ button above.
These suites are the largest with a king bed, private bath, microwave, refrigerator and a variety of upgraded amenities. Heritage Suites are well apportioned and well-priced.
Our Chautauqua rooms offer one king bed or one queen or two full beds, fridge/microwave combo and upgraded amenities.
Our family rooms consist of two full beds, fridge/microwave combo and a living area. Our Family Rooms are designed to host a family without having to reserve multiple rooms and sleep up to four comfortably.
Our Traditions Rooms are the original Fountain Inn rooms. Traditional rooms are smaller rooms with one full bed or two twin beds and fridge/microwave combo and are the most affordable option at the Fountain Inn.