Hotel Lakeside is a notable local landmark located along the southern shore of Lake Erie. Built in 1875, the hotel is reminiscent of the Victorian era, including a beautiful wrap-around porch showcasing the best views of the islands. Hotel Lakeside features an onsite restaurant, approximately 70 unique rooms and antique furnishings.
NEW for 2022!
- Starting in May, both Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn will open reservations with a 50-week advance window allowing guests to book their rooms and plan their next trip to Lakeside. This process will be as seamless as possible, but please be patient as we make this transition to advanced bookings.
- We also have new discounts available to ensure your trip to Lakeside is as budget-friendly as possible.
- See the specials and promotions section below for more details.
Hotel Lakeside operates Memorial Day weekend through September. For more information or to make a reservation, contact 419-798-4461, ext. 230. You must purchase a Daily Chautauqua Pass and Auto Pass to enter Lakeside during our gated summer season.
Please note: Hotel Lakeside is a historic hotel and was built as a summer retreat and therefore does not have heating. It has been updated with air conditioning for the comfort of our guests.
Specials & Promotions
- AAA (10% off Standard Rate) – guest must present AAA card at check-in to receive discount.
- Senior/AARP (10% off Standard Rate) – guest must present an AARP card or valid I.D., age 60 or older.
- Education (15% off Standard Rate) – guest must present valid employee I.D., teachers, professors and childcare facility employees.
- Military/First Responders (15% off Standard Rate) – guest must present Military I.D. (active or retired), guest must show valid employee I.D. (active or retired), includes EMT, nurses, doctors and police.
- Book any 2 nights Sunday-Tuesday and get your 3rd night half-off – Not available on July Fourth weekend.
- Family Packages – To make your summer vacation planning easier and more affordable, purchase a $725 Family Package.
- Memorial Day Weekend Hotel Package – Celebrate Memorial Day weekend in Lakeside with our hotel package $595 +tax. This limited time offer is available to purchase from May 18-22, 2022.
- Girl Named Tom Hotel Package – Standard rooms start at $149 +tax for one night and $249 +tax for two nights on Friday, Sept. 9 and Saturday, Sept. 10. View details.
- Lakeside-Marblehead Lighthouse Festival Package – The Lighthouse Festival hotel package is $269 +tax for two nights on Friday, Oct. 7 and Saturday, Oct. 8. View details.
Please note: offers cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers, or special promotions.
Book a Special Promotion Stay
To book a hotel room with a promotion, please follow these steps:
- Click on Accommodations (Fountain Inn or Hotel Lakeside).
- Scroll down and check for promotions.
- Click the blue ‘Check Availability’ button.
- Pick your dates of availability.
- Choose number of adults and children.
- Click on ‘Rate Options’ (4, 5 & 6 are located on the top bar of the webpage).
- Click on any specials or promotions you’re interested in.
- Click on ‘Check Availability.’
- Click ‘Book It’ — Continue with reservation details (name, credit card number, email address)
- Book now!
Amenities include ALL non-smoking rooms, complimentary hot breakfast Monday thru Saturday, dining room, vending machine, elevator, 24-hour front desk service. Dinner, traditional Afternoon Tea and Sunday Brunch are served in our onsite restaurant. See dining information below for menu and hours.
Check-in: 3 p.m.
Check-out: 11 a.m.
Rooms & Suites
To view photos of each room, click the ‘Check Availability’ button above.
The luxury suites offer the ultimate level of comfort for a historic hotel and sleep up to four comfortably. The Barbara Lane Memorial Suite showcases a waterfront view with one king bed, private bath, spacious living area, kitchenette and upgraded amenities. The Hotel Lakeside Suite features one king bedroom w/private bathroom; one queen bedroom w/private bathroom, sitting area with a kitchenette.
Our Heritage Suites feature waterfront views, classic, Victorian antiques and contemporary amenities. Heritage Suites offer one king bed or one queen bed, private bath and upgraded linens.
Our Peninsula rooms are larger, recently updated guest rooms with a private bath. Many of our Peninsula rooms are handicap accessible and have multiple bed options.
Our Chautauqua rooms offer a variety of mid-size rooms including one queen bed, one full bed or two twin beds with a private bath. Select Chautauqua Rooms offer a waterfront view.
Our Family rooms consist of a combination of full and twin beds, along with a private bath. Family Rooms are specifically designed to host a family without having to reserve multiple rooms and sleep up to four comfortably.
Our Traditional Rooms are the original Hotel Lakeside rooms and are available with one queen bed, one full bed or two twin beds and a private bath.
Hotel Lakeside Dining Room
The Hotel Lakeside Dining Room offers carryout as well as table service at the hotel’s outdoor courtyard and dining room. For carryout/delivery information, menu and more, visit the Hotel Lakeside Dining Room page. Delivery will be available mid-summer.
Hotel Lakeside History
Hotel Lakeside was designed and built in 1875. The hotel had no running water or electricity and a two-story outhouse was located in the present courtyard.
Over the years, additions included an east wing along Maple Avenue, electric lights, public baths and restrooms. In 1914, the front porch was enlarged and a concrete floor was installed, along with a fireplace in the lobby.
When the Lakeside Association acquired management of the hotel in 1955, the lobby and rooms were updated with new wallpaper, rugs, mattresses and plumbing.
In the years following, the hotel was poorly maintained. Lakeside’s Board of Trustees decided to tear down the structure and replace it with a motel or restaurant. Financing of the demolition and new construction never materialized, and by 1973, more than half of the rooms were unusable.
By August, a group of concerned Lakeside residents were determined to save and restore the hotel, thus The Friends of Hotel Lakeside was founded. Lakeside’s Board of Trustees later changed course and resolved to save and preserve the hotel.
For more than 40 years, The Friends of Hotel Lakeside were dedicated to preserving and upgrading the facility. The most important improvements included complete rewiring, new plumbing, installation of a sprinkler system, elevator access, new kitchen, foundation repair and restoration, and air conditioning of the dining room, lobby, and all of the guest rooms.
All of this has been completed with the help and cooperation of the Lakeside Chautauqua staff and its Board of Directors.