Mike Albert & the Big “E” Band
This fall, join us in Lakeside for a memorable evening celebrating the music of Elvis Presley with Mike Albert & The Big “E” Band at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16 in Hoover Auditorium.
Purchase your concert tickets for $20 per person online or onsite on the day of the show at the Hoover Auditorium ticket window from 5-8 p.m. Adults, youth and children, regardless of age, are required to purchase a concert ticket. Gate and Parking Passes to enter Lakeside Chautauqua are not required for this fall weekend. A Season Chautauqua Pass is not valid for this fall concert.
Albert is known worldwide for his respectful portrayal of Elvis with his “Ultimate Tribute” show. With classic songs like “All Shook Up,” “Can’t Help Falling in Love” and “Blue Suede Shoes,” Albert has won seven world Elvis contests for his impersonation of the King of Rock & Roll.
Beginning with sing-along tapes of Elvis’ greatest hits, Albert discovered he possessed a hidden talent that turned into a real passion.
There was such popularity and demand for his show that it resulted in the formation of the Big “E” Band that recreates the sound of Elvis’ band in his legendary Las Vegas shows. Vocal groups that originally backed Elvis have toured with Albert’s show in the past, including the Jordanaires and J.D. Sumner & The Stamps Quartet.
Albert’s style, charisma and ability to involve the audience have established a long-term relationship with his band, which draws sold-out crowds year after year. His powerful voice lends itself well to every type of Elvis song from the 1950s-1970s, including rock & roll, love songs, gospel and even Christmas music.
Albert has been performing at Lakeside since 1997, and he never disappoints. With numerous Elvis hits, Albert makes it a point to keep the show fresh with an ever-changing song line-up.
- Hoover Auditorium: The concert will be held in Hoover Auditorium (115 W. Third St.), located on Third St. between Walnut and Central Avenues in Lakeside, Ohio. The auditorium is a short walk from all available parking locations. A complimentary golf cart shuttle service is available on a continuous route. The auditorium seats more than 2,000 guests. Please note there is no air conditioning or heat in this historic venue. If needed, windows will be open, and fans will be on.
- Doors Open: The doors to Hoover Auditorium open at 7 p.m. ADA access is through the center doors on the west side of the building along Walnut Ave. The concert starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Presenting Tickets: Please present your ticket (physical ticket, mobile or printed ticket) upon entering Hoover Auditorium.
- Seating: Seats are general admission and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Each guest may hold only one seat in addition to their own.
- Food & Beverages: Food and beverages are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. Bottled water is permitted.
- No Backpacks or Large Purses: Backpacks and large purses are prohibited inside Hoover Auditorium. All bags will be checked upon entry.
- Construction Delays: Construction on the Sandusky Bay/Thomas Edison Memorial Bridge on Route 2 and the roundabout at the Route 53 Exit may cause delays and detours to your trip to Lakeside. Allow extra time for travel.
- Shopping & Dining: View Lakeside’s Business & Merchant Fall Hours to find out what restaurants, shops and services are open this weekend.
- Events All Weekend: Visit lakesideohio.com/calendar to find out what’s happening in Lakeside this weekend.
Parking & Shuttles
- Parking: Guests are invited to park in the South Gate Parking Lot off Route 163 and the grass area around the Lakeside Schoolhouse (along Seventh St.). Shuttle service is available from both parking areas. Parking at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn lots is reserved for hotel guests only.
- Shuttles: Complimentary golf cart shuttles are available from 5-10 p.m. on the day of the show. Shuttle stops are at the South Gate Parking Lot, the Lakeside Schoolhouse (corner of Seventh St. & Maple Ave.), and Hoover Auditorium (corner of Third St. & Walnut Ave.).
- Please note: On the day of the concert, there are no parking or admission fees to the Lakeside grounds. Only a concert ticket is needed.
Directions to Lakeside
Lakeside Chautauqua is located in Ohio on the Marblehead Peninsula, halfway between Toledo and Cleveland on Lake Erie’s south shore. It’s easily accessible from the east or west via Interstate 90, Route 2 and Route 163. View directions.
More Lakeside Experiences this Weekend
After Labor Day weekend, many guests return to the hustle and bustle of their busy lives; but imagine a day in September where you can enjoy an art class at the Rhein Center, watch a movie in a historic theater, stay active on the courts or stroll Ohio’s Most Beautiful Mile. A day where spending time outdoors refreshes the spirit and wholesome family fun creates lasting memories. And the perfect ending to a wonderful day? Watching Mike Albert & The Big “E” Band take the stage in Hoover Auditorium.
Here’s a snapshot of what we have planned for Saturday, Sept. 16 in Lakeside Chautauqua: Rhein Center Open Studio art classes, “Elvis” movie in Orchestra Hall, miniature golf, shuffleboard, pickleball, tennis, basketball, sand volleyball, lawn games, parks, playgrounds, nature/walking trail, shops, restaurants and a Community Worship Service on Sunday. Visit lakesideohio.com/calendar to see schedule of events.
Book a weekend escape to Lakeside! Rooms are available at Hotel Lakeside and the Fountain Inn, both located within walking distance of Hoover Auditorium. Standard rooms start at $159 (+tax) for one night and $295 (+tax) for two nights on Friday, Sept. 15 and Saturday, Sept. 16.
To make a reservation, call (419) 798-4461, ext. 230 and ask for the ‘Fall Weekend Getaway Hotel Package.’ Reservations include breakfast. Room rates do not include tickets to the Mike Albert & The Big “E” Band show.
Please note: $159 and $295 room rates are before tax. A 25% deposit is due at booking; $50 cancelation fee if canceled outside 72 hours. A deposit of 25% is forfeited if canceled within 72 hours of arrival. No refunds, no exceptions, no exchanges and no rain dates. Limited availability. Current reservations are transferrable for Sept. 15 and Sept. 16 only. Room exclusions apply. This offer cannot be combined with any other discounts, offers or special promotions.